Last updated: 06/08/2019
- What Personal Data we collect and how we use it;
- Who we Share your personal data with;
- How long we keep your personal data;
- What your personal data protection rights are;
- How we use your IP address
- What is the cookies policy and which cookies do we use;
- Links to other websites and their privacy policies;
- Copyright and other Intellectual Property;
- Disclaimer and limitation of liability;
- How to contact us.
- Definitions (see Article 4 EU GDPR)
- ‘Personal Data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
- ‘Data Subject’ means the identifiable natural person whose personal data is being processed;
- ‘Processing’ means any operation, or set of operations, which is performed on personal data, or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
- ‘Third Party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Personal Data
Twister respects the privacy of visitors to our website and will use the information you provide solely for previously determined purposes, in accordance with the Dutch Data Protection Act as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725) and the AVG (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming).
The processing of personal data is not part of Twister’s core business but we may collect personal data because you provided this data to us (e.g. when entering into an agreement with us, giving us your business card, or when applying for a job). We may also collect your data from other sources such as the Chamber of Commerce.
Our website has a contact button, which activates your email software and invites you to send your comments to a specific mailbox. When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only in order to reply. If you have any questions about the processing of your email and related personal data, please do not hesitate to include them in your message.
- Sharing Personal Data
Twister may share your personal data with any company belonging to the Dangote Group, of which Twister is a subsidiary. Please note that some of these group companies are located outside the European Union. In that case, Twister will ensure that the data transfer is compliant with the applicable law.
We will not share your personal data with third parties, unless to the extent that we are obliged to do so pursuant to mandatory applicable law (such as, but not limited to, aforementioned Dutch Data Protection Act as and/or the General Data Protection Regulation).
- Retention Period
Should you apply for a job with Twister, you may be requested to provide your personal data as well as your C.V. (Curriculum Vitae). Such personal data will only be used in order to evaluate your job application. Should your application be unsuccessful, we shall remove your personal data within 4 weeks of such application.
- Your Rights
As a data subject, you are legally entitled to and have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- rectification or correction of your personal data;
- erasure of your personal data;
- restrict, object to, or delete the processing of your personal data;
- data portability (i.e. the right to request Twister to transfer the data to another organisation,
or directly to you.
- withdraw consent
Should you wish to invoke your rights, please contact us in writing via the contact details provided in Clause 11. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- IP Address
All Internet communications require Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. If a website you visit couldn’t see your IP address, it would have no way to send you pages, images, files, and so on. When visiting the Twister website, you will automatically provide your IP-address and its nearest location. In the case of a business IP address, you can typically match it with a business name and street address. It’s important to note that this is not the case for home IP addresses, nor is it the case for individuals at businesses.
- Links to Other Websites and their Privacy Policies
Twister’s website may provide hypertext links to other sites that are not operated by Twister. Using such a link means you are leaving our website. Twister takes no responsibility for, and gives no warranties, endorsements, guarantees or representations in respect of linked sites. Twister is not responsible for the privacy practices, nor do we accept any liability in connection with the content of such websites. Twister is not responsible for the owners or operators of these websites or for any goods or services they supply or for the content of their websites and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these or accept any liability in relation to any of these (including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external website to which this website includes a link infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party) or the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon.
- Cookies Policy
Cookies are text files placed and stored on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. You can set your browser not to accept cookies by selecting the appropriate settings. However, in a few case, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Twister’s website uses functional and analytical cookies:
- Functional Cookies–these cookies are used to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences, such as the language you prefer and location you are in. In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
- Analytical Cookies –Google Analytics is used as a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Google”), using third-party cookies that enable Google to analyze the use of the Website. The information generated by the cookie about the use of this website is transferred to a Google server in North America. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of the Website, to compile reports for activities on the Website, and to provide other services to us relating to the Website. Google Analytics operates under the following terms:
- Terms of Service: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html
- Privacy Statement: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html
The user can prevent Google from collecting and processing the data concerning the use of the Website (including the IP address) by installing a browser-plug-in which is available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
These statements and links may change. We do our best to keep these links up-to-date. You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- Intellectual property
Twister’s website contains copyright material, trade names and marks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, graphics, video, music and sound (‘Content’). The Content is protected by copyright law, registered and unregistered trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Twister. You may download information from the website for your own personal non- commercial use only. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made.
Twister does its best to ensure that all information on the website is accurate. Should you find any inaccurate information on the site please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com and we will correct it where required.
Twister gives no warranty or assurance about the content of the website. As the website is under constant development its contents may be incorrect or out-of-date and are subject to change without notice. While Twister makes every effort to ensure that the content of the website is accurate, Twister cannot accept liability for the accuracy of all content at any given point in time.
Twister makes every effort to ensure that its computer infrastructure is error and virus-free, but does not warrant that any material available for downloading from the website will be free from infection, viruses and/ or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- Contact Information
Should you need further information or have any questions, remarks, or requests related to the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing: