AFAM Power Plant, Nigeria
The Twister gas processing technology was used for dew-pointing 120 MMSCFD of gas supplied as fuel gas to the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) owned and operated 650MW Afam V1 combined cycle power plant. The completed system included six Twister Supersonic Separators together with a chemical-free Twister Hydrate Separator.
The client had four main objectives:
- A low CAPEX/OPEX solution.
- High availability.
- Flexible production.
- Simplified operations.
The Twister solution delivered significant benefits and met the selection criteria. This included:
- Improved economics. With approximately 30% lower CAPEX & OPEX.
- High availability. >5 years on-stream with no shutdowns and >99% availability.
- Flexibility. The ability to handle varying feed gas compositions; inlet temperature & pressure; and 0-100% turndown.
- Inherent safety. With a closed loop system and no emissions.